Imagine coming into school each day and having:
- Less answering back and shouting out
- Less ‘kicking off’, be it in lessons out on the yard or in the corridors
- Less disrespect in class
- Fewer behaviour incidents
Or to put it another way… Imagine coming into school each day and having:
- More respect from pupils
- Positive relationships
- Positive attitudes toward learning
- Pupil participation
- Mutual respect for both teachers and pupils
What’s the key to all this?
Well, I know personally from working in education how important it is to teach children the importance of Kindness.
That is why I created the Kindness Matters 30 Day Challenge. Help your pupils to experience for themselves how kindness helps build strong relationships between staff and pupils and benefits everyone towards achieving their education by practising kindness daily.
More importantly, making your classrooms and school a kinder place.
It has been scientifically proven that it takes 21 days to create a new habit. So, imagine what happens when you and your pupils commit to doing the Kindness Matters 30 Day Challenge. Well, I can tell you that your pupils will form a new positive pattern/habit of behaviour, which in turn will bring more kindness into the classroom and the school. One positive benefit of kindness is the release of the ‘feel-good’ hormone Oxytocin.
Now, I don’t know about you, but I like to teach pupils when they are in a positive mood, and that makes my lesson go better rather than the opposite.
When your pupils adopt the attitude and understanding of simple acts of kindness that some pupils take for granted, like complimenting a teacher on a good lesson, opening doors, letting another pupil go before them in the lunch/break queue etc., it can have a massive impact on their day and other pupils days, too.
How will it benefit pupils and staff?
- Reduces negative behaviour incidents
- Makes them happier
- Creates a positive learning environment
- Makes for better teacher/pupil relationships
- It’s contagious – in a good way
- Helps reduce anger
- Gives pupils confidence
Practising Kindness daily in school is one of the most effective ways to help create positive relationships with staff and pupils, helping them to achieve their education.
With pupils and staff committing to The Kindness Matters 30 Day Challenge and experiencing the transformation for themselves, they will make your school a kinder place.
Start your Kindness Matters journey today
The all-new 30 Day Challenge comes complete with:
- 30 Kindness tips through daily videos
- 30 Day Journal
- Kindness Matters e-certificate (to support CPD and performance management)
- Data impact pupil questionnaire
- Ongoing weekly email resources sharing additional tips / videos / classroom resources following the conclusion of the Programme